Saturday, October 17, 2009

News. . . . .

Hi. Well, I cleaned out the rabbitry. Im gonna hopefully clean it out again today. ;) Nothing much has been going on here. I bred Gracy to Harley (I might have metioned it in the last post). I tried to hand breed Lacy and Bear, but they were being STUBBORN! So, I left Lacy in with Harley overnight, and Bear in with Charlie overnight. I want to get a litter out of Charlie. Im considering selling a few rabbits I dont want to sell. Charlie is one of them, he is my pet bunny, but I have come to find out he is kinda timid, and tense, which is ok. But I would like to be able to take my pet bunny places, and it does fine. I took Buddy with me once up to the lake, to ride in our boat. And he was fine, and had fun. :) I really like Jersey Woolies, and fuzzy breeds. I would like to try one as a pet. I almost got a JW buck at Fair, but the owner, let someone else take him, because my mom was still thinking about it. Oh, well. Im also considering letting my young Dutch doe Cloud go. She is a very nice doe! Besides Shasta, the best doe in the rabbitry, markings, and type wise. She is a little un-even in her cheeks, but its ok. Im thinking about keeping her a little longer, and maybe taking her to fair, to see how she does. Another doe is Ash one of my ML's. I LOVE this doe! She is very sweet, but has awesome type! She is almost a year old, and has never been bred (sad). So, Im thinking of letting her go.
This Nov. we are gonna go down to Reno, NV to see Clinton Anderson (a horse trainer) Clinic. We are gonna go to Auburn, CA sometime while we are there, and get my BEW ND doe. And possibly a buck. :D There owner is VERY VERY VERY nice! I highly reccomend her! She is honest, and won't sell you a rabbit she wouldn't want to keep her self. Her name is Tamara (I think i spelt it right). Her website is: preciousjewellsrabbitry.com (I think).

On another note, the rabbits coats are HORRIBLE, they are ALL molting REALLY REALLY bad! I bought some oats, Im gonna see if it will help bring a nice coat to them, it has in the past. Well, TTYL.


~Kayla

No comments: