Friday, May 8, 2009

Long Time, No Post..

Hi. Sorry for the lack of updates, we have been busy. Izzy is still alive and she is getting big! She is 10 days old. :) We also got another abonded goat, this time a boy and his name is Floyd (dad named him). He is 5 days old today. ;) They are both doing great! The day before yesterday, we had to put down one of the baby pigs. I wont go into details, but it happened to be my favorite one. :( I also cleaned out the rabbitry a few days ago. I bred Shasta to Oreo last night. I also chose my fryers and roasters. My roasters got tatoo'ed and my fryers will tommorow. Im pretty happy with my roasters. A little long in shoulder, but I was able to choose 3 NICE looking ones, that are coming into there shoulders. ;) My fryers are looking awesome. Nothing to complain there. If anything shorter shoulders, but they are developing into there shoulders, as well.

Well, a friend of mine last year came and got a Dutch buck from me. Well, now they have ND and want to breed to Blue, I accepted, and in exchange I will get first pick of the litter. :D Did I mention the doe they want to breed is a tort?? Double :D :D. LOL. Anyways theres a update. ;) TTYL.


~Kayla

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting the photo of Izzy... and Floyd as well :D

~Kayla said...

There coming, im gonna take more tonight, and hopefully have them up tonight, or tommrrow sometime. ;)

Anonymous said...

Umm.. what are roasters and fryers? :D

~Kayla said...

You probly dont want to know. But they are meat rabbits weighing in on certain pounds, for butchering. We auction them off at rabbit fair. Fryers weigh from 3-5 lbs, and Roasters weigh 5-8 lbs. ;)