Friday, September 11, 2009

Meat....Or Fancy?

Hi. I thought I would post a blog about personal opions about Meat Rabbits, and what we call "Fancy" Rabbits. I love all my Fancy breeds for there type, and temperment, but when it comes down to it, in this economy, they dont sell as well. Meat rabbits are awesome.

Meat Rabbits are awesome. Great type, and temperment. Even if they dont sell for meat (which about 99% of the time they do), we still can eat them our selfs. It may sound....mean...horrible...or disquisting to butcher rabbits, but its not that bad. Its quick and painless to a rabbit, and they dont know its coming. So, me and dad are trying to work towards GOOD type on my meat rabbits right now. Since at fair if your Fryer or Roaster pen wins, and gets to go to auction, you usually get at least $1000 for 3 rabbits. Thats over $300 a rabbit! I will take that!!! Lol. Just thought I would post my opion.

Please dont feel ofended, if you dont like that we butcher rabbits...thanks.



~Kayla :)

No comments: