Friday, December 12, 2008

Frozen Water Bottles

Hi. During this time of year, we all have promblems with frozen water bottles. I have found a solution, for my rabbitry. I use wool socks. I know, it may sound weird, but it works great!! I just slip the wool sock over the water bottle. With my "Flip N' Fill" water bottles, I cut a hole in the top, so I can pour the water in.

All the bunnies are doing good. I got 2 of the stacking cages in the rabbitry. They are very nice. (Now, that they are clean). Lol. Creampuff, is really looking promising!! Her head, could still be a tad better, but her type is coming very nice!! She is definatly getting some depth. And she is pretty wide!! Im a little unsure about her fur. It is kinda long, but that shouldnt matter to much. Im only gonna get 3 legs on her, then she is going into our chocolate breeding program.

Secret Scores babies have massive heads!! They are WIDE!

When I first started out in Mini Lops, I was looking for good type, and I didnt care about the head. Well, I got a little carried away, and there heads were keeping them from the tables. Well, then I went in search of rabbits with good heads. We have gotten some really nice heads, on our Mini Lop over the past year. Now we are improving the hindquarter. Creampuff has a beautiful hindquarter. She will have some awesome babies with the new bunny Im getting. We are getting a buck from Hoppin Herd Of Hares rabbitry, for our chocolate program. im hoping he will be here the end of December. (Lord willing).

Well, thats all for now. I hear that it is snowing in Medford! Yippee!! TTYL.


~Kayla

No comments: