Thursday, December 3, 2009

RIP Bear

Hi. Well, yesterday I went out to feed, and Bear was ok. But I was going around feeding them, and she flopped on her side, and couldnt get up, and was flailing trying to get up. I couldnt stand to see her like that anymore, all the pain it must cause her, so I had my dad put her down today. Her last memories were good ones, I had him let her out, to eat lots of grass, and she got to run around a bit (freely), and she didnt know what hit her. She is in a much better place now. Even though I miss her lots, its not fair for her to feel pain, because I dont want to say goodbye. In a way it makes me almost mad, because, I was gonna breed her for my fryers/roasters for fair. Cause she was the best looking bun in the barn. Gracy and Melody are already bred, and will probly be too late to have babies in time for fair (could be wrong). That leaves me left with Lacy. She is a really nice doe, dont get me wrong, but bred to Harley, they tend to have a little long of a shoulder. So, im gonna search around for a REALLY nice Ex Show doe, and breed her.

Well, thats my news, sorry it was kinda sad, but thats all I have to say. TTYL.


~Kayla

No comments: