Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Conditioning Mix

Hi. I thought I would tell you about my new conditioning mix.

I have decided to make a conditioning mix for my rabbits. It will only consist of HEALTHY things for bunnies. I give 1/2 cup to my does with litters, once a day. I give 1/2 a cup every other day to does that are 10 days pregant, until kindling. I give 1/2 cup to my bucks, non pregant does, and show bunnies once a week. Here is my recipe:

3 cups of horse oats.
2 cups of PLAIN Quaker oatmeal
1 small bag of NON salted sunflower seed kernels
8 slices of dried oranges, or 6 slices of non dried oranges
1 1/2 CHOPPED carrots



Add oats, oatmeal,and sunflower seeds into a bowl. Chop oranges, and carrots finely. Then add to bowl.


There is the recipe! Let me know if you use it, and if your bunnies like it. Mine do! You can even add some of your regular bunny food, to help adjust them to it. Thats all for now! TTYL (talk to you later).



~Kayla

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Neat! I'm going to try this, it sounds great. Thank you for sharing!

~Kayla said...

Your welcome. I hope your bunnies like it! :)