Sunday, January 4, 2009

Survey.......

Hi. Stolen from Keeps Rabbitry BLOG. Originally taken from 4 Kings Rabbitry.


1. How did you deceide the name for your rabbitry?
Well, we were making a rabbit sign for our driveway, to avertise our rabbitry. I was thinking of a name for my rabbitry, I started thinking about Sunsets. When we do have sunsets, they are the most beautiful ones I have seen! So, thats where the name comes from.

2. Youth or Open?
Youth right now. Mainly 4-H. I plan to start showing open next year, maybe sooner.

3. How long have you owned rabbits?
I had a rabbit when I was like 9, but then I gave him away. I got another bunny when I was 10. She is a Dutch named Shasta. I still have her too! So I have been doing this for 3 years.

4. What's the biggest win you've had so far(not that winning is everything!)?
Getting Double Grand Champion with one of my meat breed does. And getting BIS and BOB with my Mini Lop last year. And my first year, I got champion with my meat breed doe.

5. What's the most embarrassing or 'Ah Ha' moment with rasing rabbits?
Hmm, I cant really think of one. I think it was my first year in 4-H showmanship. My doe had been bred, so she was a little grumpy around the bucks. (Mind you, this was in the champion round). I had 2 bucks next to me. One was another Dutch like my Dutch, and the other was a HUGE I think it was a French Lop! He was bugging Shasta, and Shasta was being a bum. So I had to ask the girl to move down. (Of course I thought the judge wasnt looking) But he was! Lol.

6. How did you decide what breed to raise?
Well, we have 4 breeds right now. Dutch was our first breed. My friend had gotten a adorable black Dutch doe. So, I begged my parents to let me have a bunny, and let me do 4-H with it. They agreed, and I found the perfect Dutch. My second rabbit was a Californian I had purchased from my 4-H leader. I loved the breed, and dad thought they were great for meat production. I purchased a Mini Lop from Lana, of Hip Hoppin Rabbitry, and I instantly fell in love with the breed. Then, we have always loved the NZ for meat production. Then we have our rescued Champange D' Argent (Plan to start crossing her with my Satin). Then, we have my Satin buck.

7. What is your current 'set up' and how many cages?
We have about 26 holes right now. I plan to get about 30 in the future.

8. What's your short term goal (now to June 2009)?
Get some NICE Mini Lop babies on the ground.

9. Long term goal?
I want to go to shows, and have fun. And of course have tons of babies! And grand a homebred rabbit.

10. Anything else we need to know?
Nope, I cant think of anything. ;)

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh I loved reading this!! Thanks for posting your 'interview'. Lol! I hope you get some nice Mini Lop babies soon.:-)

~Kayla said...

Your very welcome! I liked the whole survey idea. ;) Lol. Me too! :)